Soup weather

Just started a pot of burger vegetable soup, ex ex lean grass fed ground beef, homecanned stewed tomatoes, local carrots, potatoes, garlic and store bought celery, and wishing I had a couple handfulls of fresh baby spinach to throw in. When all is cooked etc. will add a cup or so of macaroni. Enuff soup to last me thru the weekend. Neighbour just picked up two bags of trash to go to the dump on her way to Tatla, pretty much on her way. She also took a parcel to go to Quesnel with socks for Lyn I. saves me a trip out to mail them. Hoping they don't go down to Vancouver before coming back up here for Q delivery, prolly close o 1000km out of the way to do it that way. But Canada Post works in strange ways. Second pair going to Q well underway, 22 rows ribbing and about 20 rows of patterns, using bright colours for the patterns as per request. Trying to limit knitting time to about 30-45 minutes then with long breaks in between, certainly seems to help arthritic hands. Weather continues to be dry, hardly any snow on the ground, usually have several big dumps by this time. If it stays this way all winter might be another active fire season.

Comments

  1. Good to hear from you again. I'm making beef stew tomorrow with lots of vegetables (some from our garden) and following up with an apple pie (apples from nearby WI orchard). It was very dreary here today with rain/snow expected for overnight. Hope it won't be too bad for the Green Bay Packers-Kansas City Chiefs game tomorrow night. I'm finishing a pair of socks this evening - just a few more rows on the toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't kidding about the soup weather!!! I think the peat bog I live on rose two feet over the last couple of days as it sucked in all the rain that fell. Soup on the go in my house as well - XXLean burger as well with mushroom broth, sweat potatoes, celery, cabbage, onions & lots of garlic & pepper. A handful of colored couscous & a couple of cups of chopped kale at the end. It just gets better every time I warm it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back to blogging. I don't think I've commented before, but I do read whenever you post. It is hard for me to imagine your life up there, so I'm glad to read about it. B in NJ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies