Christmas Eve

 THAT WAS THEN


THIS  IS NOW

In a fit of depravity I ripped the above sock out, just wasn't happy working on it, so now its toast. And I feel better even seeing the small leftover balls.


Went thru all project bags looking for my Koigu yarn, and in the bag found a glove already started. Back now to my much loved gloves. A number of years ago traded two different people gloves for 5 balls of Koigu each (was much cheaper then). Plus had bought lots from eBay, so have enuff to make many more pair, especially since I save all left over little balls. 


Eventually I'll go back to making socks (its in the blood). I'm not taking orders anymore tho, will just make what I like (especially Monster Socks).  Maybe now and then a pair of fair isle type.


Its going to be a brown and mild Christmas, one of the few since I've lived here. Snow in forecast for the middle of next week.


The  best part of the holiday season  (IMHO) is the World Junior Hockey tournament, in Europe this  year so games are on early, just after 5am my time. The saving grace tho is all are repeated later in the day.


Comments

  1. A Christmas gift to yourself: knit what brings you joy! I know the contentment of calling it on a project that just wasn't working for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with the Worlds juniors hockey…on right now! Will not say the score! Enjoy the games! I sure do…Go Canada Go….just loved Connor Bedard last year! Special young man! Merry Christmas🎄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a Very Happy (Knitting) New Year. Janet in Seattle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies