stuff

That was then


 This  is  now

Finished this pair last night, came out better than  I thought they would. Best part used up lots of small leftover balls. 

This is a pix of my wild mountain valley, unknown source for the pix.

Went to town last Friday  mostly to handle Visa problems (again). While  there I found  real field tomatoes at Beaver  Valley  feed store,  not what   I would  call first quality   but  hey  I know  how  to cut  funny spots off. They taste good and that is the most important part. Did what I call down n dirty, in and  out in  one day (6  hours total driving). Plus several places to stop and walk around. Took me two days to recover.  Grocery store was a bit of a winter stock up walk thru, TP, Scotties tissues, canned goods, extra salt, flour, things I don't want to run out of over the winter.

With  football season  under way (both college and pro) I'm planning  on finishing current WIP's, two pr fingerless gloves and one pr of patterned dark coloured socks (can only work on this pair during daylite hours).

Thanks for the comments on last blog
 

 





Comments

  1. Gorgeous socks! I’m working on the neverending socks, myself. Purple with mohair for the foot, double-knit on the foot so my dainty princess feet will not experience bumps — don’t recommend it, don’t plan to do it again! Cam in Vancouver, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you answered this eons ago: any particular teams you follow in NFL or college? I find that I've got to have some connection in order to enjoy the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michigan went to school there, Kansas City and San Francisco pro teams.

      Delete
  3. Those socks are so pretty! Always love reading about your mountain valley. I am just getting wood in for this winter myself, feeling v. proud because it's still September and it's going to all be in the shed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks are very pretty, but your valley is gorgeous! You can't beat Canada for outstanding scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugly tomatoes sometimes taste the best. Glad you accomplished so much and are ready for winter. How soon do you expect snow?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Jan. 5

Gloves and such

More Socks