This and That

Desert Mesa spring 2019 April 4th thru 7th was an outstanding success but missed my spinning buddy Gail, she was home after having surgery on her broken arm the Friday of DM . I sat next to Dottie with her 1880 spinning wheel, sure made mine look small in comparison. Had a reddish pink merino nylon mix from Mary-Anne Smith to spin, very nearly filled one of my Woolee winder bobbins. Had a piece about 14 inches left to do once I got home. Approximately 4 oz on bobbin.
The only yarn I bought was one skein variegated oranges, golds and yellows, will have loads of use for this colorway.
Set my spinning wheel up today to finish the stuff I'd been spinning at DM, busted two fingernails, so bad I had to stop and try and repair, one on my left hand so jagged that eventually all the top part of the nail will need to be removed.

The pink-y socks I mailed to Fernie arrived and fit, had started to be worried when I hadn't heard in over 2 weeks, but notice from Gayle that she had been away and they had arrived put my mind at ease, then pix on intended feet arrived. Relief.

 Currently working Opal Safari Uganda is color. Very rarely ever just use yarn by itself but really liked the various greens in this mix.

While I was gone all the snow that had been in my yard melted, can now see a hint of green showing up. Most welcome after a pretty tough winter.

Comments

  1. You spin so evenly. Is that for socks? Hope your friends arm mends ok. Glad you got out to be at the DM. and that your snow is gone. I really like the color of the socks your doing now. The spinning wheel intrigues me. It must be a good therapy. That's why I enjoy knitting. Love the pink socks !! Take care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies