This and That

Starting mid January we had a real nasty stretch of arctic air blast thru here, got down to -40°, even with my furnace and two baseboard heaters going full blast was happy to wear lots of my woollies.

 


 

Working on the last finger of the orangerino gloves. Am enjoying something different than socks, although I'm sure that I'll go back to making more soon.

 The orangerino gloves were started after a friend dared me to make a pair only using leftover bits of Koigu yarn, yeah I can do that, so I did. Pretty sure I have enuff bits to make another pair. Am pleased with the Koigu yarn, even my gloves being many years old I haven't had any pills on them.



 

 



      







Even tho its relatively early in this winter I am having troubles (minor) with running out of veggies, guess my favourite being spinach so when I have it I try and eat it before any gets slimy. Best way IMHO is scrambled with eggs. The roads will soon be good again so I'll likely make a trip into town and grocery stores, combing the trip with a visit to the dentist etc.

Yesterday morn started gathering everything to make a pot of soup, had a ham bone so decided on pea soup, cut up onion, grated a large carrot, chopped two stalks celery and i clove garlic. Boiled ham bone for a couple of hours then added peas and veggies. Was an extremely satisfying meal. And enuff left for tonight as well.

 The snow has started sliding off the roof, caught the big curl just before it slid off the roof.




Comments

  1. Love those gloves! I really admire the amount of patience needed to make them as well as how beautiful they are.

    And I also love that picture of how knitters dress for cold spells. We've had several really cold and windy snaps by our (Texas, USA) standards and a friend and I just keep on doing our morning walks. Both of us are fully wrapped in wool cowls and hats and mitts and mittens and so forth. When people question our sanity my friend just points at me and says "she knits."

    Hope you get some spinach soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! And I was complaining it was down to 17F here in Maryland not that long ago. Hooray for woolies and working heaters. And good soup. I just made a new recipe involving ground turkey, white beans, cumin, ginger and collard greens. Cured what ailed us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check out Jean Miles's Instagram site. She posted a pick of her wearing your gloves and they are a sensation in the comments section! Kudos to you and your wonderful knitting!! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gloves to brighten dark winter days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies