Friday Jan. 5

Finally got myself to town Dec. 27-28. Prescriptions, haircut, groceries, and most important getting bank Visa problems straightened out. Tried dealing with bank via telephone and both times I connected got someone that wouldn't acknowledge that I was hard of hearing, heavy accents didn't help. Had 7 charges for Play Station almost $1000, since I've never even seen one, wasn't me . Because of all the weird charges they wouldn't activate the new Visa card. A good weather window opened so in I went, took almost an hour getting everything straightened out. Meanwhile when I did get to the grocery store almost filled my buggy with produce and fruit. Had help unloading the car when I got home Thursday 3 ish. Did bring a nasty bout of the local crud home with me, first time in several years that a cold hit me so hard.

 One of the first pair of Koigu gloves I did were for me, but last winter I snagged middle finger on a nail on my handrail, brought them up front, cut off damaged part and knit a new finger. Another bunch of years left in them. Top glove has new red middle finger.

All socks are finished so dug out my bag of Koigu yarn and found I had one glove pretty far along, finished it straight away and had enuff of all the colours to knit #2.

Then gathered up all small balls of Koigu (valuable stuff), took a pix and had a friend dare me to make another pr of gloves out of the bits and pieces. A dare, sure enuff I got right on board. Will start out with orange and then use variegated, solid and so on.

Last blog post I had 143 people view it and 3 left comments, that is the first thing I check to see if my friends are keeping track of what I'm up to. So if you're at all interested leave a comment every once in awhile.

Tomorrow will start another pot of chicken noodle soup, after the grocery run have celery, carrots and chicken again. Prolly the best medicine for feeling sick with the cold.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you’ve been out and about. Love your socks and gloves, just the kind of challenge on using the remnants I’d go for too. Stay warm. Jean in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne, I do still read your posts and love seeing your socks and gloves - so colorful and fun. Miss seeing you at fiber events - seem we both have stayed away for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to every post. Not just the knitting but your travels into town as well. And then there are your bear "friends".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to hear of you, your knitting and your life. Read this blog out to my husband which he enjoyed. Stay healthy and warm as a bitter cold front is coming through the province. Hubs still wears your lovely socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading your blog, & seeing your great work! Reading about the bears, trips into town, & your soup on the go!
    Glad you got into town…. Now what do you do without the Visa card?
    Di in ON

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your posts and seeing pictures of your latest projects. I worry about you when we don’t hear from you for a month or two. I hope you keep safe over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy reading despite not commenting. Amber in England

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from Wisconsin,
    I always enjoy your posts. It's fun to see your colorful socks, and now gloves. Also interesting is what kind of weather you are having up there in BC and what animals have been visiting you, Living in the rural area you probably depend on your credit card a lot so hope you won't have any more problems. We haven't had much snow so far this season, and the temps are still above average. Hard for the skiers and snowmobilers. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you've been into town. Always like to hear your knitting news and success in keeping the gloves going. I have to reknit the toe of one of my husband's favoutite socks. All the best, Sarah in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those Koigu gloves - such great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love the red middle finger(s)! I also find that sometimes I do my best work when faced with a challenge to do something with a limited amount of yarn or fabric. I go to a quilting retreat every year and I do my best work picking bits and pieces off the giveaway table while the planned projects I brought from home sit by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gloves! I love all the bits and pieces of yarn you are using. I hope you have recovered from your cold and feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Long time reader; rarely comment but always admire your creativity and enjoy reading of your adventures. Hope the chicken soup did the trick, you're feeling much better, and that the Visa trolls have been permanently banished. Bonnie aka Knitsiam in PA

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hum with pleasure seeing your colours. Love the red middle finger, should worn it while deal big with visa. Now you are hunkered in, the temp is bitter. Here too in the plac to bee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The gloves are gorgeous! Thanks for continuing to post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOve your ease and ability in sock making! Is still such a struggle to knt a a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your glove pictures. They are so colorful and might prompt me to make another pair.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reader in NYC. I love the gorgeous colors in your work, but I read mostly for the bits of news about a daily life so different from my own urban doings, yet so alike in our enjoyment of fiber and color, our satisfaction in looking after ourselves, and our joy in staying in touch with friends. Thanks for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jan. 20 Hope you are enjoying all the football games this weekend. Being from Wisconsin I'm pulling for the Packers this evening. I'll get some knitting done while I watch, but sometimes things get tense and I forget to knit for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely to see your gloves. Glad your weather is letting you get out and vexed you've brought the cold back with you. We've had a week of snow here, but now back to wind and rain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Grizzlies