Socks

Made the first pair of two that were ordered last summer, then things got in the way to get them mailed. But they are gone now and delivered to Kaslo, BC, and from what I hear from the gal that ordered them very well recieved. The first pair were for the man of the pair, guess his lady put them on and didn't want to take them off. Pix above is the second pair for her and will make them a tad smaller as per request of the orderer. Am using a Cascade Heritage wool - silk mix and was getting a bit concerned that I would have enuff of the main colour (ladies size 11) so went online and found a place (Simply Socks in Ft. Wayne, Ind.)that carried the wool - silk mix. Am sure dye lots are different but so close colour wise that I think I'll getaway with using it if needed. Pix shows the new skein along side of what I'm now using. The white yarn showing up is just my way of counting rows. An arctic blast is on the way, supposed to get below zero F early this coming week. Am glad for the big down comforter, the window is mostly shut now but I still have a cold bedroom (just the way I like it). I had hoped to get into town for various errands, but last nights 3 or so inches new snow has me changing my mind. Would rather have a scrambled egg sandwich for Christmas supper than drive 3 hours each way on bad roads. For almost 3 months since last surgery I am doing well, still don't have much balance so use a cane to walk with, and if I go outside make sure the ice spike is on my cane. Put the ice cleats on my boots mid October, they'll stay on till probably April (just in case). Sunday morning 12th Finally a solution, will just make second sock with new skein, with all the colours any differences won't show up.

Comments

  1. Nice looking socks! We don't have snow here in Rochester, NY but we are experiencing very high winds today. It was 64 degrees F earlier but dropping fast. Hence the high winds. Hope we keep power!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies