Groceries & Stuff

 Finally got myself into town for a major grocery order, seems as tho I was out of everything like milk, cheese, eggs, butter, bread, produce, even low on dish soap. Went in Thursday and did a bunch of the necessary running around then got into the grocery store Friday morning. The roads going in weren't to bad but way worse coming home on Friday, took an extra 30 minutes coming home, driving under the limit 85-90 instead of 100 kliks. The Harris girls came and unloaded the car, brought everything into the house. I then put away all perishables straight away and left canned goods, paper products etc. until the next day.


Another pair of bluesies are done. Really enjoyed working on them and since I don't follow any pattern can just change colours as I wish. And so I did.

Immediately gathered up all the little balls (I used to give away, sorry Christine) started another pair of real Monstersocks. I keep the gallon jar beside my chair on the floor when I need or want to change colours reach in and grab one, without looking then either use it all up or about 6-7-8 rows, then if anything is left keep it in a separate place so no chance of using same colour again. Since the pix was taken I've added 5 more colours.

Today its way above freezing +5 C with major south winds and rain. Not much chance of a white Christmas, 90% of what little snow we had is now gone.


But I gots groceries, including a nice ham with yams for Christmas dinner, then lots for sandwiches for lunches and then pea soup.



Comments

  1. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your ham and yams.

    I love your blue socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using up odds and ends with a 10 stitch blanket. It starts as a square and you 'turn a corner' and knit to the next corner and continue on until it is as big as you want. I've lots of left overs from sock knitting and although I have to turn a corner every so often (less often as it gets larger) it if rather meditative. :) Merry Christmas and glad you a 'supply'. Never know when the weather is going to turn to a point you can't get out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I'd vote for skipping the sandwiches and going straight to the pea soup - yum! Love the blue socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to read you got out to shop & bought lots! I hope you get a ton of snow for the New Year if you can't have it for Christmas. I'm enjoying all the boxes arriving at my front door this year since I've been advised not to shop anywhere. I intend to have Hong Kong style curried vermicelli for Christmas dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks look great !! I like the idea of the gallon jar. Happy you finally got your groceries. I know I hate it when I run out of food I need to make something. Especially when i bake! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Sandwiches band pea soup are yummy ! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Holidays admiring your festive blue socks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies