This and That

 Tuff updating my blog when I don't see or talk to hardly anyone for days at a time, not complaining, in these tuff times its just the way it has to be. BUT I'm still spinning and knitting, managing most day to day chores.

Current spinning project is using some some small bits I bought some time ago, lots of colours (about my favourite way to spin now days). I'm using my Woolee Winder on my Louet S 90, have a way to go to fill up the bobbin. 


 

 
Next on my list are socks (of course).  I finished the red  Monstersocks over last weekend and immediately went back to the blue MS, hope to finish second blue MS over this football weekend.



Made socks for Miss E, think while I was knitting them her foot grew another size larger so found another small person and gave them to her. Then made another pair (same colours and patterns) for Miss E using a size larger needle and added two more stitches. Pair on the left are the smaller size, did not enjoy making 4 socks in a row the same.

Have long wanted to make myself a pair of all green Monstersocks, once I finish the second blue sock just might go ahead and do so. The main colour will be the variegated Wollmeise that was a gift from BJ in Prince George several years ago.


 

So far the start of winter 2020 has been about as difficult as can be, first had snow (lots) then rain and now ice. Had the propane truck down yesterday and driver had chains on big truck all around. Was my first fill up since last January, have used propane sparingly the last month or so hoping to not run out, its my main source of heat in the living room and main part of the house. 

I really need to get myself into town, haven't been grocery shopping since the end of September, Sabina H has picked up a few thing for me, but now am running out of staples like cheese, rice, potatoes, macaroni, mayo etc. And of course most all produce. Its the price I pay for the mountain view.


Comments

  1. Good to hear from you. Keep safe and be sure you have enough provisions. You are really living a pioneer existence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love to see what you up to. Socks came out good . I like the children's socks. They look good also! Not much going on around here either. The virus makes be everyone stick close to home. Just finished four pairs of work socks for my son. Their for part of his Christmas present. Now it's time for making some for my daughters and granddaughter. How are the bears doing!! Behaving themselves! Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bears are all in their winters dens, now it’s time for the big kittens to come and play (mountain lions, lynx).

      Delete
  3. I was delighted to see your post today - I was beginning to worry about you! I understand how you feel about not having any news to report. When you don't see anyone, and only talk on the phone briefly, and stay so close to home then you feel as though nothing is happening worth reporting! I love the socks! I must admit that I am partial to the blue ones, but I know that a young person will fall in love with the small ones. And I seriously try to avoid doing multiples of the same pattern - it is not fun! Take care with the big kitties around, they can move faster than the bears! Take care of yourself and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just the opposite; I make "plain" socks only. For me socks are basic things I can do without paying attention. However, I am looking at those monster socks and thinking of all the tiny balls of leftover sock yarn that I have, and ... what do you do about the ends? Do you weave in all of them, hope they felt in, or ? Advice sought.

      Delete
    2. I knit (strand ?) each new colour and do the same with finished colour. Instead of cutting I untwist finished yarn, using either a cuticle remover or my fingernail I shag each strand. So rough ends are more likely to felt into sock.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! My next pair of socks will definitely be Monsters. I bet they are blue ones too since I do tend in the blue direction most of the time...

      Delete
    4. I love the blue sock!! Stay warm!

      Delete
  4. I don't know how you do it for so long without seeing or talking to anyone! I guess it's too much to hope that Amazon will deliver . . . . . they do say they will deliver anywhere in Canada except for certain Northern places. Bad enough that I can't go anywhere these days except the drive-thru but at least I have that when I get cabin fever. Oh My gawd, the sun is actually shining! Take care & do check in more often, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies