Tomato Time

 Went to Ashcroft on Monday (almost 6 hours from home) picked up corn (perfect), green beans, blueberries, nugget potatoes (all perfect), and tomatoes (not so good). Tomatoes were way over ripe, by the time I got home on Tuesday several were beyond salvaging and the next day a bunch more were mushy and moldy, from 25 pounds I maybe got to eat a quarter of that amount (or less). They were advertised as field tomatoes but were to perfect in shape to have ever been grown outdoors and they certainly didn't taste like real outdoor tomatoes. Messaged the place and they are supposed to be either refunding my money or a gift certificate of some sort. Brought a box for Selma as well and hers were bad also. So 6 hours driving and I didn't once have tomatoes and toast, or tomatoes with cottage cheese, bummer.

Mailed away three pair of socks to NY, Oregon and Calif. they now have all arrived, with postal service on the wonky side was happy they all made it.



From the top Maggie A., Jean V., and Kathy L.


After the unofficial Tour de Fleece gathered up all the wool and silk blended fibres I have and ended up with five colours, spinning fine enuff I hope for fingering weight yarn. Plans are to make socks for me for upcoming winter. I break off pieces about as big around as my little finger and about 12 inches long. One full bobbin and have started #2.

Temp this morning was -0.1° C or 31 °F, frost and I'm sure at higher elevations it was a good bit colder. I am glad I had shut windows before going to bed last night.

Now home to self isolate for two weeks after my trip out.

Comments

  1. Don't you pretty much self isolate most of the time in your little chunk of paradise Lynn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing as good as fresh grown tomatoes, so I know your disappointment!. I just brought some home from a friend's farm, and the smell alone lets you know how good they are! At least you got other good produce, as fresh food this time of year is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a long trip to have such a disappointment with the tomatoes. It's good they are willing to give you a refund. Well after all that they should! The sock turned out nice. Like the color that turn up from all the different fleece. Keep up the beautiful knitting!! Take care and stay safe !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you Lynne. Better luck next time with the tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies