Wool stuff again



The last bit of spinning for the tdf, merino-nylon mix, while spinning I thought I would use the yarn for socks but have since discovered something better.

While looking for something else I found I had quite a bit of various colours of silk mix roving. So in my infinite wisdom decided to spin the 5 colours for decadent socks for me. The pix shows the 5 colours but am not sure if I will spin in the order I've laid them out in. I've made the pix larger thru the magic of the puter. Thinking the two colours on the right need to be switched some place different.


Was +5 C  (41°F) here this morning, I had left several wool room windows open all night so was a bit cool in here, but now with sun coming in several windows the cool feels good. Its now +17 (63° F) with a high predicted of 22 (72°F) later today.


Comments

  1. Your temperatures made me jealous. Here in central Texas this morning at 5:30 it was 76F; by 4 pm it was 99F. A cool morning would be SO WONDERFUL!

    I think you should swap the two yarns on the right (yellowish ones). Those will be awesome socks though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do so agree with KayT! I am in North Carolina, and we have had similar temps for several weeks. And each evening we have a big thunderstorm, which lowers the temps some but raises the humidity to really miserable levels. I love the green mix at the top of the post! And the roving has some good possibilities - I am sure you will do something fantastic with it. Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have quite a range of temperature for this time of year. Is it normal for where you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal for the elevation surrounded by snow capped mountains.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies