Mostly woolie stuff


BFL roving in colourway Northern Lights, all spun up and ready later today will be plied. I was surprised how different from the roving to the yarn.


Merino Silk on the left and BFL on the right, next pix are the two plied together.  Not my best plying for sure but should make next to skin something.

Braid on the left is Merino-Nylon and what is currently on the spinning wheel. Not yet sure if I will ply the two in pix together or try for something closer to the one on the left. Decisions.


Here in my usually to dry valley we this year have had more rain in May and June than we usually get in 6 months, consequently the weeds in my yard grew to enormous size.
Especially the noxious weed called dalmatian toad flax  pretty yellow flower but its a really nasty weed. And I had lots some well over 3 feet high. Neighbour Len came yesterday with his quad and brush hog and knocked down my whole yard, then used his weed whacker to cut close to house. Will greatly aleve the skeeter problem. Thank you Len.

Have been getting just picked greens from Selma, spinach and swiss chard, my favourite greens (closely followed by beet greens). Have already eaten 2 pounds of spinach (over two weeks), now into the swiss chard. Later today will go and get another bag of spinach. Not very hungry last night for supper so just cooked up a soup bowl size of swiss chard, that was my meal. If I had access to this kind of stuff the year round could easily become a vegetarian.





Comments

  1. I think the yarn you spun came out lovely. Beautiful color!! We're just starting to get rain here! I bet the yard looks good after it's mowed! Take care and stay safe !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all of the rain you are getting now will help moderate the fire threats. I know the 'skeeeters have been about to carry you off, though. I live in the southern US, and during rainy summer days I dare not venture outside for long because of them. As I have gotten older, though, I don't think I taste as good to them anymore, thank goodness! Love your yarn. I am in awe of someone who can spin. I tried it several times and it was a disaster. I know that you need practice, but I didn't seem to have much of a start to practice on! Take care and stay safe. How are the bears?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven’t seen a bear since the last of June, that’s OK by me.

      Delete
  3. You're having quite a greeny-purply moment, aren't you? I am in awe of your spinning output. It always amazes me how blessed you are with great neighbors. We should all be so lucky. Here's hoping for a non-existent fire season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5