New stuff

Came down to the coast last Sunday (mostly to go directly to passport office), did that with driving directions from Gail. New CA passport should be ready in prolly two weeks, that was easy. Then to the Mac store to see about my dying laptop, as I thought far to old to have part needed, so a new laptop (had been saving my money) so was ready for that. Then Wednesday unwelcoming noises in the rear end of my 2006 Subie, into dealer, rear calipers, metal to metal, both needed new stuff all around, expensive. While it was on the hoist several other goodies discovered (did I say it was 13 years old). Repairs would have come to almost $4500, so instead of repairing I replaced. 2019 Subaru Forester later me and the bank have a new subie. Lots of  reading the manual later feel comfortable driving home today, dash has more buttons, knobs etc. than any vehicle I’ve ever driven.  Will miss my CD changer, but have 3 months Serius radio, this will be welcome if it works where I live with no radio (or cell) service. And a much more reliable set of wheels. Bigger tires means more clearance, and much needed all wheel drive for winters in Tatlayoko.

Didn’t plan on getting a new car (but had been thinking it was prolly time). Did get to local yarn shop to look around, only bought one ball Opal in bright turquoise.  Looked at a new to me book, but the almost $45 price scared me away.

Williams Lake later today then tomorrow morning a few groceries and west to home. Pix of car in a few days.

Comments

  1. Must feel good to have a reliable vehicle under you now. Not that any of us like the price. Good for you!! My lap top is still going, but cross my fingers every time I use it. It's unbelieveable the price of knitting books now. Take care! would love to see pictures of your new car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the passport is organized. Enjoy your new car, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all the miles you put on a car, you NEED a new one!! And 4-wheel drive!! Another necessity. Good luck & hope you get 500,000 really good miles . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Gloves and such