The ugliest Monstersocks ever

First off I want to thank everyone that left a comment after the last post. Gathered up a bunch of odds and sods, enuff I hope for another pair of Monstersocks, this time not much advance sorting. Kept the mostly light shades in one bag and the much darker colours in another.
Started with a light colour then two of the darker. Aiming for the ugliest Monstersocks ever. The two bags on the floor beside my chair, reaching in and knitting with whatever I've grabbed. Then keeping the just finished ball out of the bag so I don't end up using the same until time to start over with the colours. So far the sock is suitable ugly.
Its now been a bit over three months since I went into town, middle of October started with a bad cold then the weather turned crappy, kept putting it off. Even walking with a cane my balance isn't the greatest and am terrified of falling so just stayed home. Audra and another neighbour have brought me milk, eggs and bread from Tatla, that plus canned goods have kept me from hunger. Altho about now I'd seriously consider trading some of my stash for a big salad. Soon I'll have to go in, dentist is calling.

Comments

  1. Perhaps you'd feel a bit more secure with a rollator. It's the new-fangled version of what Americans called a walker and Brits (and maybe Canadians?) called a Zimmer frame. My father-in-law has a snazzy, light-weight one that folds up for travel and has a seat when you want to take a moment, and pocket for your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the idea of Maureen's about a rollator. I have one that I keep in the car, and it is a life-saver! The monster sock is not ugly - just suitably colorful! Hope you are able to replenish your pantry soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not sure you succeeded, despite your best effortd those socks have a bit of Josef Albers, in a good retro way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sock, I think it’s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to hear from you. All your socks are nice. Would love to see a picture out of your window. You live in such a lovely place. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bright socks. My daughter needs new socks and has requested plain grey. Could be slow going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FINALLY, I am able to leave a comment.
    Sorry, dear Friend.....I call this a LOSS. There is no way these will be UGLY socks, because I don't think you are capable of knitting ugly ! Be safe, be well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies