Stuff

First eye done, cataract surgery 23rd in Williams Lake.had a friend in town that day and was able to second for me (driver). Still a bit blurry so can't tell if it was the sucess I was hoping for. Second eye the 18th Ocober. Knitting on a time out until vision clears, working down the foot of the first red sock from the 4 way bundle. Probably half way down the patterned foot.. Once this pair is finished will move onto the dark gray pr using only variegated colours.
One of the hardest things I do is change my queen sized bed. Usualy do so every Sunday but with eyes funny did it Tuesday instead. Use flannel sheets the year round, when temp can slip below freezing any time in summer always feels good for flannel. Have had temps in the mid 20's F already and poplar leaves are turning fast, won't be long before they start to come down. Hopefully with several college football games that I want to watch on Saturday I'll be able to do a little knitting. Glad that nothing ordered is paid in advance so can take my time getting socks done. I hope to be able to drive myself (soon) into Williams Lk time for tire change over, snow tire mandatory October 1st, I'll not meet that deadline but will I hope be close.

Comments

  1. Hope you have good results from cataract surgery. I had my left eye done 7 years ago, right eye is still ok. I was surprised at how well I could see colors after, I hadn't realized I was having so much trouble especially telling navy from black.
    Miss seeing you at OFFF and NWRSA - I haven't been to either in several years, don't think you have either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covid slowed all travel into states. have only crossed the border once in 3 years.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your cataract surgery!! If I remember correctly, I could see perfectly within a couple of days but it was the color differences that really surprised me. I really wasn't aware of all the SHADES of color I couldn't see. The dawn & dusk colors stunned me a couple of days after the surgery in the first eye!! And I think I could see much clearer after the second eye. It might've been because I was so blind before the first eye was done & then had to wander around with one good eye & one blurred out eye for 6 weeks . . . I sure couldn't knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had cataract surgery in both eyes. I could see clearly immediately after the first one. The second one took a month to clear up. Both are wonderful now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5