Mostly about knitting and spinning cause that's what I do.
And another one
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
This time a sow grizzly with two of this years cubs. Two pix altho first wasn't worth saving, second shows sow and the two cubs. Can just see my east fence in the background.
Wow! What a privilege to be able to see such wonderful creatures so close. I know you must be careful if you venture out, but to think that you can see them outside your window is amazing.
What a great photo! I too think it must be an incredible place. I am trying to picture how you all sneak out to your car or to the garden. It must be interesting.
"Wool socks cocoon feet in warmth, softness, and comfort, shielding from winter's chill, a cozy essential for chilly days, offering style and practicality." winter socks for men
THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW In a fit of depravity I ripped the above sock out, just wasn't happy working on it, so now its toast. And I feel better even seeing the small leftover balls. Went thru all project bags looking for my Koigu yarn, and in the bag found a glove already started. Back now to my much loved gloves. A number of years ago traded two different people gloves for 5 balls of Koigu each (was much cheaper then). Plus had bought lots from eBay, so have enuff to make many more pair, especially since I save all left over little balls. Eventually I'll go back to making socks (its in the blood). I'm not taking orders anymore tho, will just make what I like (especially Monster Socks). Maybe now and then a pair of fair isle type. Its going to be a brown and mild Christmas, one of the few since I've lived here. Snow in forecast for the middle of next week. The best part of the holiday season (IMHO) is the World Junior Hockey tournament, in Europe...
Since I last updated my blog in mid September have had lots going on. First off I went to the Merritt Spinning Retreat October 17-19 and as usual a good time and one of my yearly highlites. Cindy did and excellent job finding a place for us to meet, the Best Western in Merritt, had use of their multi purpose room, was tight but we all fit. Gave Cindy (for all she did) her choice of mild or wild, she chose wild and the gloves fit her perfectly. Now to the many WIP's I have going. The garbage hauling neighbours get socks for the grands, this is the boys pair, the blue pr. for his sister are finished. They also got a pair of shorties each. Then the other socks on the go. I do several rows on each sock every day. And lastly my much loved Koigu gloves. Just started on this pair yesterday, its hard to not keep going on them to just see how the Koigu col...
In town using motel internet, mine at home is dead. Had so much trouble with xplornet I finally just quit them. Will go with Starlink, equip is ordered, likely will be another 10-13\days before I’m back online. Will check into Tatla library on fridays. Meanwhile I am getting a good go round finishing WIP’s, long gloves, orange socks finished, now onto Koigu gloves and Olympic socks. Long gloves
Wow! What a privilege to be able to see such wonderful creatures so close. I know you must be careful if you venture out, but to think that you can see them outside your window is amazing.
ReplyDeleteLove this! You really live in a very special place! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great photo! I too think it must be an incredible place. I am trying to picture how you all sneak out to your car or to the garden. It must be interesting.
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree with the previous commentators. What a privaledge.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete"Wool socks cocoon feet in warmth, softness, and comfort, shielding from winter's chill, a cozy essential for chilly days, offering style and practicality." winter socks for men