Tis the season of the bear

Saw the first of the 2022 season on May 20th, cinnamon coloured grizzly walking down my driveway at 7:20 am. By the time I grabbed my camera it had headed up on hillside above drive, no picture. Next was a black bear eating dandelions over by the cattle guard on May 26th. .
Then on May 28 th a sow black with 3 (I think) yearling cubs again not in a good place for a pix. May 29 another black (could easily be same black as on the 26th, not about to get close enuff to ask.
Neighbours up and down the valley are seeing them everywhere. So anytime I'm in the wool room (lots of windows) I'm always on a swivel watching for critters. Dr. Coetze in Tatla increased the blood thinner I take (Eliquis) from 2.5 mg twice a day to 5 mg twice a day, so in last week cutting onions did a nice slice on my left theumb, bled pretty good for a day ad a half, finally put steri strips on it to hold it shut, that did the trick. Now just a nice scar (another one of many). Made knitting and or spinning difficult, I use left hand easily as much as I do my right. Back to working on the four socks, do a few rows on each every day, reddish is the farrest along. And all have different patterns so far. Thanks everyone for all the comments on last blog posting, nice to know people still are checking in on me.

Comments

  1. I like the idea of a few rows on each sock each day. I have three sweaters waiting for sleeves so maybe I will try that technique to get them going again. Will keep checking in on you to be sure you don't get eaten by bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do watch out for your posts, wish you could do so more often but understand the work involved. Socks are lovely. Best wishes from a lurker in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bear pictures!! My favorite every year. Your outdoor pictures are always amazing. What a beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Gloves and such