Hot and Sweaty

With temps several days close to 100°F, (39°C), I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my life, take an almost cold shower just before going to bed, it helps for about 5 minutes. Now at just after 10:30 am I'm on my second bottle of water, 1L each. Have two more in fridge for later. Have finally finished the first pair going to Kaslo, the ladies pair will be next. Also size 11, lots of knitting.
Neighbour Len came on his quad with brush hog and knocked down my whole yard weeds and all. The Dalmation toadflax in places was almost 2 feet high, flowering but not gone yet to seed. The crows now having a ball going after grasshoppers. It looks ever so much better and fire hazard down as well. Neighbours to the south have had a visiting grizzly, I havent seen a bear in my yard (YET).

Comments

  1. Love the socks! I am sorry you are having such outrageous temps. We are used to them here in the Southern US - the temps are not the problem but the humidity is killing us. Take care and keep hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors would be great in a sweater. Great job !! Glad you got your yard cleaned up. I guess it's been miserable and hot everywhere. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful socks. Take care in the heat. Hope you don't get any backyard visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taken up the needles & cast on for some socks myself. Finally cooler in the Lower Mainland in the mornings but too hot in the afternoons & evenings even when sitting in front of the fan on high!! Got two containers of water in the fridge & I spend all day drinking & picking at cold salad. I will be glad to see September arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5