Soup again

All the celery fit to eat chopped into smallish pieces, 3 carrots chopped, chicken cooking. Will later add veggies to soup stock and simmer for eventual supper. 60°F and rain in forecast, just sounded like soup weather. Am out of several other things that I could have added to soup, onions, and potatoes. Getting low on lots of stuff, don't want to go to town just to pick up a few groceries.

Will be stopping in Spences Bridge on way home from conference just in case there are any tomatoes ready, if that happens will then buy a couple or 3 cartons cottage cheese, nothing better than matters and CC. My Mother always said my first word was matters and more than 70 years later have never got tired of them.

Have my list of stateside stuff I will be picking up Tillamook cheese for Lorelee (10 pounds medium cheddar) and 4 pounds sharp for me, L gets 2 lb. blocks and I buy 1 lb pieces for me.

Woke up this morning to cows bawling along my fence, new cattle guard kept them out. Included in bunch large snarky bull.

Comments

  1. The socks came out beautifully. Don't know how you get such pretty combinations. Chicken soup sounds good and bet it tasted good too. Glad you have the cattle guard there. I bet they were mad they couldn't get across. Thank goodness! Have a safe trip to the spinning conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yessss - Tillamook sharp for me too!! I wish we could get it in Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies