Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring ? ? ?

-11° C for the first day of spring. But at least it didn't snow.

The 2nd bobbin of the vintage roving from Reflection Farms is about 1/4 done, this bag had more blues along with patches of greens, think once its plied with the mostly green first bobbin that I will really like it.

A little over a month ago Christine started on this sweater, the yarn is all my handspun and the design her own, I think she did an incredible job especially since she doesn't use any pattern. I also got her addicted to making socks, she really did well with the Fatties from the Monstersock group, think she has now done 5 or 6 pair.


















And I am still knitting (as hands allow) on Kristie's socks, pattern knitting when I have to use both hands seems to be the most troublesome. I will persevere tho and get them done.










I saw DR Rob in Tatla on Thursday and he has started the ball rolling on getting hip replacement for me, consultation with surgeon in Kamloops will prolly take 2-3 months or more then likely as much as 6 more months before the surgery. Hey this is BC where hurry up and wait is the name of the game. BUT when its done it won't cost me anything.












2 comments:

  1. Spring has definitely arrived here, with plenty of rain to accompany it. I hope the weather cooperates next week so you are able to make it down south. I love the socks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have to wait 3-4 months for an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon here in the USA, so it's not much quicker here! Enjoy your free hip when you get it!

    ReplyDelete