This and That

Well along with sock number 2 when it dawned on me that I was using  a size smaller set of dp's, not  wanting to rip it  out, will  just remember that   socks will be for smaller sized leg.

I  use 2.5 needles  for almost all my socks, had  a bunch of vintage Addi Turbos  with a way to stiff cable, needing  a set of 2.5's I thought what the hell, a small sauce pan on stove almost to boiling point. In went 6 of the 2.5's  and bingo it worked cable now as flexible as when they were new. Now wondering why I waited so long to try it out.

Now on the newly  restored  Addi's  are a pair of Monster socks using mostly variegated colours of yarn, plans  are to reach in the  bag (without looking) and grab a ball, knit X  number of rows. 2 variegated 5-7 rows then 3 rows of turquoise  or so I am now thinking, plans of course subject to change.

 

I have to go into town this coming week for the very  expensive jacket crown on tooth  that imploded.  Its  been two weeks with the temporary.

LK sent me  pix of the three  pair of Koigu  gloves she has, but in life size format, so until I figure out how to get pix  small  enuff to see and use, they will remain  saved in a file of gloves.



Comments

  1. Sorry about your tooth. Hope it is at least pain-free when the new crown is on.

    I have some cables that are way too stiff and had heard you could heat that way but have not tried. I really should since they are no good to me the way they are. Which is what you decided, I guess. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing more of your beautiful work. Your pictures are always a bright spot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies