This & That

Sorry about neglecting the blog, stuff got in the way. Did finish the bugly socks (I'd hoped for really ugly didn't quite pull it off).
So tried for another pair, this time closer but still no cigar.
March was not a particularily good month for me. Had a big birthday that I'd just as soon forget, weather was lousy, 6 months now without a trip to town and car problems. Finally had to have vehicle towed to town, turns out it was major battery issues. Car was in town over a weekend and when notified that it was ready I was lucky to catch a ride in with a neighbour going in the next morning. When we got to town Linda Lou dropped me off at Downtown Service, got car and first thing went and got a haircut (first in almost 7 months, 4 inches curly stuff removed). Then briefly into SaveOn for produce and left after that for home. Even without driving in knew that I was going to be tired, sure enuff a quick nap in Alexis Creek helped.
Now knitting shortie socks for the grands of neighbours that haul trash to the dump for me. Will do 4 pair in next fall sizes.

Comments

  1. Glad to see you post again . When you live rural vehicles are a necessary evil. Love seeing your socks ! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back, i check periodically to see if you have posted. Your sock are always pretty even if you intend them to be monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the second pair -not even close to being ugly. I have so much left over sock yarn, and some day I will get around to trying some scrappy socks, but hate the thought of weaving in all those ends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On that bottom sock, I see something that looks like hash marks. Is that yarn to help in keeping track of size?

    Btw, it's lovely to have a post from you. Sorry you've had a rough go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use the white yarn as row counters.

      Delete
  5. Happy to see your post. I love your bully socks😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies