More nasty cold temps

The second blast of arctic air arrived 17th December, 5 nights when temps were below -30° c with the coldest on first day of winter -36.9. For now temps are back to what is normal for December. I'd bet my yarn stash that there will be another bout of extreme weather before winter is over. I am very grateful that the propane truck came down and filled my tank on the 15th just ahead of of the arctic air. Redish socks for LA are now well down the foot, can only work on them in the morning when my left hand isn't to sore, arthritis is a PIA. Just plain solid colours (no patterns) are OK in small increments. Did finish the blue - green Monstersocks and have enuff of the odds to easily make another pair.
The socks for neighbours grands arrived and they fit. Over the years I have made 30 pair for these two kids. Think the Mom is keeping them for memories and if and when these kids have kids of their own.
I've been keeping track of patterns for a sleeve to sleeve sweaters and maybe when socks are all finished I will give it a go, using my handspun yarn.

Comments

  1. Glad you have propane. I'm going to stop whining about our 15 degrees last night but really, this is TEXAS! Got all the way up to 33 today though and this storm is supposed to be over by Tuesday. I hope you can get by without any more extreme weather this winter.

    Great looking socks as usual.
    Yes, arthritis is totally the sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks are lovely, as usual. I think I like the "mismatched" ones the best. Kay, I understand how you feel about the temps. We will hover around 10 degrees F here in NC tonight, and I don't think we got out of the 20's today. I keep thinking that all of this cold weather passed over our knitting friend several days ago! Everyone stay warm, and Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies