Spinning and Such

The variegated Merino I was spinning at Desert Mesa in October is finally finished (with a long time out while I was sick with the nasty cold or flu). Its in the plying queue. Now back to spinning the stuff I was after in August and September. These are the first two bobbins, bobbin 3 is full as well. With 3 I added a good bit of wool-silk mixes prolly ever other colour change, and still using the red Merino about every 4 colour change.
Now on to bobbin #4, started on it December 15 and have taken a pix every day to show the progress. Bobbins 3 and 4 have a few brighter colours, once plied (prolly well into the new year), will be interested to see if it will be suitable for socks. Red is Merino-nylon, then lots of BFL, wool-silk mixes and some superwash Merino. Pix of the superwash Merino little bundles in last post.


Didn't buy anything on black Friday or cyber Monday and if I never hear the words black Friday again I would be beyond happy, everybody and their two brothers had ads everywhere, so kept notes of all black Friday sales and will not buy anything from said advertisers. And bah humbug to all the stupid movies, Christmas this and that. Only Christmas movie I will watch is The Polar Express. Christmas day tradition for me is watching the two Mama Mia movies. And if I don't get to town soon will be having hot dogs and beans for supper, haven't been in since mid October. The good food box will be in tomorrow so will at least have produce again. And if lucky maybe a few apple and oranges.

Comments

  1. Hope your feeling better, That sickness lingers on. Like the wool your spinning. The colors are pretty and will make nice socks by the looks. That good food box sounds good. I hope you can get in town too, so you can pick up something for Christmas! Gotta get those supply's in. Have Happy Holidays. Take care !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get Turkey Noodle soup sometime over the holiday!! Happy Holidays, whatever you celebrate . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies