More Socks

Have been waiting until the pink socks were finished to update my blog. Finished last night just before news at 11, all ends woven in, now ready to wash before I ship them to Fernie. Just a few colours in different places.
Now back to work on the black with Mary-Anne Smiths leftovers. Heel is turned just waiting for bright sunshine to pick up stitches along the heel. Can't do it after dark or on a cloudy day, black is just plain hard to see with these old eyes.
While waiting for a sunny day the next pair underway, white Opal with lots of blues, greens, turquoise etc., all leftovers from other projects. Heel and toe will be white.
As soon as one of the above are finished will start on wild orange pair for Vicki.


Got out to Tatla Lake on the 13th for KB and the good food box, lots of veggies and fruit. Next one will be mid March. I hope I am able to get into town before that for a much needed haircut (last was mid November) so right now its long and shaggy and curly. And am getting low on quite a few staples, laundry soap, crackers, cheese, out of milk, OJ, and lots of other stuff. My choice for staying home when roads are bad or its to bloody cold.  Last blog post I thought we just might be over with the arctic air NOT yet, -21°C (6° below F) at just after 7 am. And even colder arctic air coming by the weekend, -27°C (17 below F) I am so ready for spring.



Comments

  1. I'd be ready for spring with those temps. Good Lord how do you stand it? Love the socks . The pink pair are lovely. I really do like the black, tho'. Black is hard to see when knitting, even in the day light. Can't wait to see the hot orange socks progress. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to use black or navy in my socks anymore since I can't see either. And I changed my heel design to avoid picking up those flap stitches that I couldn't see half the time . . . . other than that, making wild socks is still fun, isn't it??? I'm ready for spring too - lately, when it isn't snowing, it's dripping or flooding here in the Surrey burbs. We just got all the sidewalks & lane ways clear of snow more or less & here it comes again. Must be February!!! Oh well, chicken soup tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine today. Was able (with difficulty) to pick up 18 stitches on each side of heel flap. Second black sock will be the last time I try such a chore.

      Delete
  3. Love the socks! I do like black, but I also need good lighting to pick up stitches.

    I hope the weather warms up for you soon, and I wish I could send you at least 10 degrees--it was 87F in my yard twice this week in central Florida. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies