Town trip

Finally got into town, left here Tuesday morning and got all running around done by 3:30, Wednesday hit Beaver Valley Feed store just after 9 am and bought 10.5 pounds tomatoes (that's one of the really important things I had to do) then into grocery store for a major order and home by 3pm. The tomatoes were well worth the trip, have had one or more with every meal since I got home, cottage cheese and tomatoes are for me a perfect meal.

Just before town trip finished the current Monstersocks, used the teal-y green for top, heel and toe, lots of small balls got used up in this pair. Will likely start another pair but this time think I am going to just use a ball of self patterning Opal, not near as many ends to deal with that way.
Getting a bit of rain sprinkles this morning, very welcomed. Smoke is still so thick I can't see the mountains, when they do show up would almost bet there will be new snow up there. 51°F right now, even had heat on briefly in wool room, but would much rather have it cool like this than the horrible heat of a couple of weeks ago.


Comments

  1. Glad you got into town. I bet it's great having tomatoes again. I planted two tomato plants and their doing great. If you live near by you'd be welcome to some of mine. I don't plant any thing but tomatoes. Use to have a good size garden, but getting to old for that. Love the socks. Hope you got your blood work done. It must be horrible having that lousy smoke around. Just pray it goes away soon. Take care !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm torn between cherries & tomatoes as my annual favorite until the fall apples appear! It's been very cool on the Coast with rain overnight - hopefully washing the smoke away. And I agree with you, I am so tired of the awful heat & am really hoping for more cool days. I am seriously looking forward to soup weather. Another good looking cozy pair of socks - for someone else, I suppose???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering about how long it takes you to knit a pair of socks? An easy pattern I am asking about? I have started to knit socks and have finished 3 1/2 pair so far but it takes me forever I feel. I know I do not stay at them but knit a few rows somedays and more others depending on my life, animal, work needs. Maybe I'm the slowest knitter ever. I enjoy hearing about your progress, weather, trips, etc. Keep on blogging please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely early September days now. Phew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies