Vintage Merino


Finished the last of the RainCity fiber, first 4 oz I did was Polwarth-Silk mix 60-40, then the next (both dyed in same colorway) was Merino-Silk. Both bobbins now in the plying queue. Bobbin on the right is the Polwarth mix left is the Merino mix. Yummy stuff now wishing I had bought more. Will watch for a vendor carrying RainCity fibers while at OFFF.



Found a smallish bag of Merino top, so old that 4 oz was only $8.00, its my next spinning project. Hopefully will be the last of the TdeF stuff.

Heading out today for the Knitting Bee in Tatla, haven't been for the last 4 weeks so thought about time I showed. Will also hit the library and get gas, so a combination trip.


Pix of the handspun fiber I'm getting rid of, waiting for GM to come by for first choice then a weaver friend will likely get the rest. Vintage stuff and I want to move it down the road, some needs a good hot bath, rest just isn't what I want to knit with anymore, not to worry still have a couple of shelves full of stuff that I'm keeping.


Yesterday Tatlako was the coldest spot in BC, that is twice now in less than a week, according to Environment Canada's page we were at 1.6 °C, just a titch above frost. And on the 16th we did have frost, even checked windshield on the car sure enuff.

And the last pix is for all my cat loving friends.


Comments

  1. So hard to imagine that there is frost somewhere. It is so hot and muggy where I live. Love the fiber room and cute pix of kitty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5