Stove part

 The selling dealer for my wool room stove is not at all willing to help me find the thermo couple I need to get stove working again, they just told me to buy a new stove, I don't think so, not from them any way. Meanwhile called distributor of stove in Vancouver, am hoping they will be able to figure out a way to get me the part. Then the big hassle of finding someone to install same. 

Finished first sock for Maela (10), liking it, so much that I got out all the small variegated balls of yarn I could find, will add to the queue a pair (maybe for me) using just variegated yarn. But first have to do 2nd sock for M, then have WIP, blue Monstersocks, red, purple and orange Monstersocks and a pair of Fatties (knit with two strands of fingering weight yarn). Also in the queue are a pair of handspun wool and silk socks for me (not started yet).



 

-6°C (22°F) this morning, ever so glad I flipped the down comforter on my bed. Its supposed to be a good one from LL Bean but the down shifts and can leave places where there is no down. Shake it every morning and it sorta helps but flipping it from bottom to top works the best.

Went to Tatla last Friday for the Flu shot, hopefully it will help when the nasty bug starts up. Will be 24 years that I have been getting and so far have avoided the crud.


Comments

  1. I live in Maryland where it's turned chilly but not quite so brisk as out your way. In addition to flipping the down duvet, my husband has observed it may be flannel sheet time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get your thermocouple and get it installed. You’ll need a warm wool room. New stove - here in Ontario any new appliances or even parts are taking ages, stores say manufacturing and distribution both suffering COVID labour shortages. Best local source for our budget is often the Habitat for Humanity store but of course not as though you can order, means going in often to see what they have, obviously not an option for you. Loving that first sock for Maela. I think it’s the orange and red stripes, and their placing, that makes them so special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies