Goodies found

While poking around a few days ago I found a small bag of tiny Opal balls of yarn, have no idea when or where I bought them. Eventually will use them in socks of some sort.

Should finish the second bobbin of the turq-yellow mix yet today. Then plans are to go back to bobbin #2 of the Scrappy Sock Bundles, bought another  mix of the wild & crazy stuff from Wound Up Fibres, if it wasn't so expensive I'd only spin this stuff. Post to Canada is the kicker cost almost as much as the fibre. Its superwash Merino and velly nice stuff.


Have 3 pair of socks on the go right now, reds for Jean in Oregon, a pair of fatties (using up lots of odds and sods) and a pair of Monstersocks using more leftovers in blues & greens. Did finish the socks for Miss E (in kindergarten this year), again using up more leftovers.


Tatla Lakes Christmas sale was last weekend, I didn't go but friend Dee did and was able to snag me 3 dozen eggs, I was down to just one egg. And if all goes well S & J are going to town tomorrow, so I will call prescriptions in and pay for them then S & J will pick up for me. And a few groceries items as well.

Neighbours Les & Coleen H lost everything in a fire on the 1st, granddaughter has started a go fund me page, and I am surprised at how much has been generated in just a few days.

The next KB and good food box is the 18th of December, as usual most will be produce and fruit, perfect timing just before Christmas.

Comments

  1. Great colors in the Opal yarn. It's sort of fun when you find yarn you had and forgot about.Like the socks Very sad about your neighbors loosing their house in a fire. At least no one was hurt! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That discovery of the bag of yarn is like when you find a twenty in the pocket of some pants just before tossing them in the washer. I spent a day last weekend just wandering from one college football game to another and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies