This and That

Finally got into town last Friday, mostly to get tires changed over. Winter tires are mandatory until May 1, the only appointment I could get was on the 15th,  good now until the 1st of October when the switch starts again. Saw 11 deer, lots of horses, 1 black bear,  all but the bear on the way home.

Stopped at Walmart on the way into town and its a good thing I did, bought 75% of my list while there, figuring I'd get the rest at SaveOn when done with tire place. NOT. When I got to SaveOn just after 2:30 there were 24-30 people in line to get into the store, knew I wouldn't be able to stand that long just turned and headed west,  everything I was to get there can wait until the next time in. There were several important things like celery (for soup), bread, milk, TP, and cabbage (also for soup). Won't be the first time I've done without.

Finished spinning the orange, pinky magenta and red mix, bobbin is 3/4 full. Then got another bobbin and started on the straight orange, the two plied tog might be interesting. And as I have been spinning these mixes only envision socks.

   





BC is starting to open up, when I do get in next time will be haircut time, last one was Feb. 20. The new grocery store (where Safeway was) should be open by the time I get in. Will check it out.

Enuff rain that the toadflax (very noxious weed) has started growing fast, right now looks as tho about 1/3 my yard will be toadflax.

Thanks everyone for all the comments on my last post, think its the highest count I've had.

Comments

  1. Love the colors! I think the the combinations will make amazing socks. Does the Canadian government not make some adjustments in stores for older citizens to make it easier and safer for them to shop? Here in the US stores have had special hours for seniors, though I guess those will go away now that so much is opening back up. Which is another whole scary topic - too much too soon, in my humble opinion. I am jealous of all of the wildlife you see. The most I get around here a few deer from time to time, and the bunnies who live somewhere in my back yard. Have you had bear in your yard as you did a couple of years ago? Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think seniors can get in between 7-8 to get there at 7 would have to leave here at 4 am.
      No bears in my yard YET.

      Delete
    2. Nope! Forget the 4 am. Here the grocery is from 6-8 for seniors, on Tuesday and Thursday. I don't know many 73-year-olds who are up and out at 6! At least, not this one! Waiting to hear about the bears!

      Delete
    3. WOW - those are MY colors you're spinning!! Imagine the socks they'll make. Shopping isn't too bad here although I'm not even up at 7 AM! I shop the smaller stores or hit Safeway before lunch on a Monday or Tuesday if I have to. It's carrying it in that really kills me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies