Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Monstersocks

Started with 2 soft bags, one with smallish balls of variegated yarn, the other the same but solid colors. Just reached in and first took a ball of variegated, knit 5-6 rows then got a solid color, another 6 or so rows. As I finished with each color into a 3rd bag so I couldn’t get the same color back to back. Have enuff of both to make yet another pair.


When I am in between adult sized socks and am wondering how an idea percolating would look I make socks for about a 2 year old size, they go really quick and show me if the idea will work or not. Both these two pair were in the not category.


6 comments:

  1. Very fun idea on designing the socks! Great way to use up leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your socks, they are so colourful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask if the yarn you are using is creating the patterns or are you knitting with 2 colors occasionally. Beautiful socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using two colors when ever the patterns show up, lots of leftover odds & sods.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous monster socks and the method for pure randomness is fun and unpredictable. Way cool. As always. I think its impossible for you to make an ugly pair of socks :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am tempted to finally try a pair of these as your results are always so outstanding but first I need to buy a few brighter colors to mix in.

    ReplyDelete