This and That

Mailed socks away to Calif. (they have arrived) and to Oregon (they have not yet made it there). Kathy L got hers pretty quick and she likes them and they fit.

Neighbour just in to  pick up stuff to go to the dump, she is on her way to Tatla and goes almost right by the dump. And in return I gave her two pair of socks for the granddaughter. The pair on the right will for sure be to big until mid to late winter.

Yesterday high was 32°C (90F) to bloody hot for me, however this morning I woke up to heavy clouds and a Severe Thunderstorm Watch, temp right now is 56°F, the wonderful cool is back.

Since I finished the second sock of the pair above on the left, got out the yarn to do the second sock of the crayon challenge, since I took the pix  cast on for the top ribbing. Never seem to run out of socks to do. After CC is finished will make another pair of socks for Miss M in Pritchard (trade the Mother for canning).


When I'm not knitting I spin, when it was so hot I would attend to spinning wheel shortly after 6 am. Spinning a bunch of leftover merino-silk mixes, pretty sure I have enuff to fill two bobbins and eventually will make myself winter socks.


Comments

  1. Love those "Christmas" socks! The colors are spot on. I am amazed at the fluctuation in your temps. We have a cooling trend going here - from 96 to 90!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours are close to edible to me, they look so luscious. I'm just doing basic socks with shop wool for a birthday gift. Started yesterday so they should be finished by Tuesday and I can pop them into his post box. The joys of lockdown. It's the middle of winter here in the southern hemisphere and as my husband in true English cockney style would say can you Adam and Eve it its 23 deg C. So i've been sitting on the patio drinking tea, listening to the birds and knitting. Heaven to me. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "Christmas" socks as well! It's so much fun to see all the color combos you knit into your socks, and how you use your handspun yarn. Glad the weather is more tolerable for you. If only our 90's would quit for a day, but not happening in central Florida this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to hot around here to do much of anything. Temp's been anywhere between high eighties to one hundred degrees. Not nice!! Your socks are wonderful your color combinations are so pretty. Like the color your spinning now. Your designs come out so good in your socks. Do you knit continental or English? Seems like your quite fast at knitting the socks. Stay safe and take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies