This and That

At last Falls Desert Mesa we had a crayon challenge to be resolved at spring 2020 weekend. Reached into a box and picked 3 crayon colours (sight unseen), my three colours were carnation pink, forest green and magenta. Didn't do to bad with the green and magenta but the pink was a real challenge, 3 go rounds later and still not happy with the pink I ended up with, but at this point it'll have to do.
Have been spinning odds and sods lately, 3 bobbins done of the lil bits of scraps done and fourth within 15 minutes of being done. Pix is the first two bobbins. Next batch I still added the red about every fourth colour change and in between every other colour was a wool silk mix. Looking forward to plying and to see what I end up with.

In between knitting on the crayon challenge I've been working on the bluesy-green pair of Monstersocks. Had started them before I finished the dyeing for the challenge. 2nd sock is down past the heel, they will be going to Calif to K.L. Will be another fraternal pair all the same colours but in different places.
Wednesday was our good food box, knitting bee combo. Was pleased to see muddy places on road to Tatla, looking forward to breakup especially the ice melting in my yard. When I got home Wednesday with all my knitting bags, 2 heavy bags of produce, mail complete with a package. And bread from Dorothy. Would have taken me 4 trips up and down the steps to get stuff into the house. Right behind me tho Dee came to pick up piggie scraps, she helped carry stuff into the house, blessings for Dee. In exchange for 5 bags frozen scraps for pigs she left me a dozen eggs, wonderful, I had been out for 3 or more weeks.

Will ply one of the pink mistakes yet today, then if spirit still moves will start on the two bobbins of the scrappy stuff. Much to do.

The four bobbins of the scrappy mix are finally finished. Bottom two are the first two I dd then the top 2 were the latest mix (with lots of silk mix).


Comments

  1. I think you did very well with your colors, even the pink! And the mixture on the bobbins is drool-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your color combinations. Looks like you've been busy. It's nice Dee and you have a nice barter system. It's good to know your doing good. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies