More sock stuff

During the arctic outflow conditions January 12 thru the 18th I finally wore the handspun socks I made for the Sock Summit 2009. Had thought I would just keep them as a long ago memory but when temps hit into the 30° below zero F range decided warm feet were far more important than memories. Will wash in Eucalan and put away for another brutal arctic blast.
Friends Gail Dickson, Val Saadatmandi and Vicki Robinson met at St Distaff spinning day in Monroe, WA., and that day they all had on socks that I had made. Very much liked seeing the pix. Vicki in the orangerinos, Gail in the hot pink and Val in the multi colored with black stripes.
The current socks are for Jean in Oregon, first sock is finished, second sock almost to the heel, she wanted identical, knew that was going to be a chore for me, came close. After starting last pattern sequence I discovered that I was missing two rows in pattern number four. Would have been close to 20 rows to go back with sometimes four colours in use in places. I'll tell her and see if it is going to be acceptable.
As soon as second sock is finished will wind the handspun yarn for the crayon challenge from DM. Looking forward to knitting with my handspun. Not yet sure what I am going to make with the 3 colours and the white we are able to add.

Meanwhile am thinking I will soon have to make a trip to town, haven't been in since mid October, two friends have brought out a few  important things but the biggest need now are the staple things, vinegar, laundry soap. pasta, and prolly 30 or more things. Not likely I'll starve any time soon but a bit more variety would be nice.

Comments

  1. Your feet look nice and toasty. You've been busy knitting away. The socks turned out nice! Great color choices. Has the weather improved? Our winter has been pretty mild so far. I won't complain about that. Hope you get into town and get some shopping done. It seems you have to travel a bit to get there. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5