Soup Weather


The official first day of fall and it really is in here right now, so windy that the leaves are coming off the trees like yellow snow. Have chicken cooking for soup for today and next several days. Right now its 52°F and by the weekend low 20's F are predicted. With possible snow on Saturday.

Finished the first pair of socks for the Monstersockkal2019, lots of ends to deal with.
From this came these.


May be able to squeeze in another pair have until October 6 to finish.


 After this pair is finished will get started on socks for Jean V. red with lots of wild colours and identical (if my fingers will do that).

If you read my blog leave a comment if anything strikes your fancy. Please.

 I had hoped to be able to go down to Canby, Oregon for OFFF coming up this weekend but couldn't find anyone to travel down with me. So guess I'll stay home and watch college football on Saturday. Next adventure out will be Desert Mesa after CA Thanksgiving.



Comments

  1. That "red medley" pair of socks will be really spiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog every time you post. I enjoy reading about your knitting adventures, and your shopping adventures. I live near Chicago, so the weather updates are interesting as well. They are talking about summer weather the next week or so. Not my favourite, but I'm not ready for snow yet either.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you can't make it to OFFF this year. I won't be there again either - a chance to take a quilt related workshop came up locally at the same time and it's something that's a once in our area workshop. Always love your sox, the pink ones are especially striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the best socks. I'm never sure what to do with my leftovers, but you sure know how to use them. Keep the posts coming. I read them every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do read your blog and look forward to seeing new socks and hearing about the weather and wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the snow holds off a little longer. Especially like the red-pink socks in progress. Always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your blog every time you post and always enjoy hearing about your days & knitting! Don't live so remotely now but I have at times in the past, and like reading about how things are going for you and the changing of the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to see what you are working on knitwise and love hearing about the joys and challenges at your place in the back of beyond. The next time you post pictures could you include one of the inside of a monstersock?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful socks, as always, Socklady! I hope you’re all hunkered down and provided for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read every post with interest.
    Wonderful socks and food ideas...esp. soups!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your socks and your blog. Have read since the beginning

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5