Coldest spot in BC at 6:30

Another cold ish morning, was glad I started out with wool socks last night. -8.1 C or 18° F. Seems early.

Got in my 45 minutes at the spinning wheel, bobbin #3 of the odds and sods, hoping I can find enuff of the bits for the 4th bobbin. 2nd pix are the two already done. Really enjoying spinning this mix.























Maureen in Takoma wanted to see a pix of the inside of one of my socks, here you go. I moved pix up to large so you could see it better.

Current socks are the red mix, with a bit of luck and Monday Nite Football I might finish first sock today. After 2nd sock will move right into socks for Jean in Oregon. She wanted red for the main colour then identical wild coloured patterns. The identical part will be the hardest for my fingers to do, plan on careful notes so I can try. The red in front will be the main colour


Off to town tomorrow, have an appointment at Kal Tire at 5:30 to get my brand new snow tires installed. My old car had 16 inch wheels new car has 18, so had to buy new. Nokian are my winter tires of choice, have been using them for at least the last 10 years and am impressed with their ability to handle my driveway. 

Tonight's supper will be the last bits of the 2nd pot of chicken with rice soup, while n the fridge the rice absorbed almost all the liquid so tonight will add a container of chicken broth so its soup again instead of stew. Never get tired of soup, can even eat it in summer weather.

Comments

  1. The inside of your sock is impressive (and I'm an experienced sock knitter)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The inside is so tidy and neat. No gaps or stray tails. Something to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yarn colors are so gorgeous! I don't put my rice into the soup. I keep it in a separate container and add some to each bowl. Same with soup pasta, it absorbs all the broth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies