This and That

Needing empty bobbins to take with me to conference the end of this month, knew I had to ply to get them. Oh Hell, definitely not my favorite part of the job. First two were a gray ish mix, plied the old fashioned way using my already sore right leg on my Louet S70, done in 15 or so minute increments, not to bad for being so rusty. But then looking at the more than 30 full bobbins (I did say I dislike plying very much), in a hissy fit with an electric (homemade) plying wheel sitting right there but without a belt to run the beast. So while the hissy was still active I got out the two broke drive belts, lit a candle and joined them together, after the first fuse used my fingers to smooth and straighten them. Two burned fingers later had two usable belts. Bingo. Found two bobbins with unknown fiber on both, different colours and all, started plying on electric wheel, not so bad after all. Larger  amount on the one bobbin, will eventually be plied with another wild leftover bit. I really like the mixed up colors of this kind of plying.























At Desert Mesa last fall we all chose 3 crayon colours without looking, from a box, my colours were forest green, magenta, and pink then allowed to add as much as 50% white. Not yet sure what I will make , it will eventually come to me (usually in the middle of the night). My magenta wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, will have to do unless I might find the perfect magenta while at conference.

Have started gathering up stuff I need and want to take with me to conference, as soon as  I think of something I grab it right now and add to the pile. While writing this I thought about an extension cord, so went right to get it and ad to the ever growing pile.

The two bobbins I plied manually (using already sore right leg. Think the fiber was a marled BFL that I bought at conf. last year.
Monday drove up to Selma's garden and bought two bags greens, spinach and swiss chard. After pretty much having to do without greens while taking the Warfarin, had the spinach two nights in a row and will get into the chard for supper tonight. Enjoyed the spinach so much next time I go north will pick up another bag.

Comments

  1. I LOVE the wild big bobbin full of mostly blues. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of colors on first bobbin. Smart thinking With fixing the belt. I like the tweedy gray, also ! Have fun at the conference. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know having a hissy fit is ok, every now and again!

      Delete
  3. i feel your pain about missing those lovely dark greens. Warfarin is such an issue i can't wait for my blood to stabilise so i can have all those lovely green things, avocados, kale, chard, spinach, sprouts. Those wild blue colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies