Stuff

Finished the Orangerino's for Vicki, think without a doubt the most intricate patterns I have ever used. Someone once watching me knit on patterned socks asked where my pattern was, told her didn't have one that my fingers knew what to do with each colour. And if I had any issues, that going to sleep and dreaming about same straightened everything out.
6 am while reading email, enjoying first cup of coffee and watching a doe with twin fawns wander across my yard, she would stop and nibble on grass waiting for babies to catch up. Sweet.

Yesterday I had the cattle guard on my driveway removed and the pit underneath dug out. It has been in place for at least 25 years and being at the bottom of the drive gradually filled up with sand and gravel, so much so that the cattle could just walk across. NO MORE. Last evening watched 4 cows with calves stroll right up drive without even trying to get into my yard. Click on pix to make larger.

Planning on skeining recently plied yarn today and then plying more. Maybe in my lifetime I will get everything done.

Comments

  1. Those orangerino socks are just up my alley. My husband would love to wear them. For him the brighter the better. The view from your house is amazing, so green. It's the one thing I miss in South Africa the rolling green of Scotland. Seeing this makes my understand why so many Scots migrated to Canada. Home from Home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5