Stuff Sept.12

Difficult to find something to write about on the blog, haven't been anywhere nor have I talked to many on the phone, just plain boring life (and I wouldn't have it any other way). Now that football is on 5 days and nights a week should be getting lots of knitting time (pro and college).

Neighbor Len Knight came up yesterday to look over my not working furnace in wool room, he and his electrician buddy think it is a thermal couple, called place I bought furnace and jerk I talked to said they don't carry that brand anymore, said he would try and find one and call me back, not. With freezing temps forecast for next week or so will let small electric heater try and do the job.

Still working on a Monstersock for KAL, not at all sure  of where they will go, especially since instead of casting on my usual 72 sts I somehow did 76, so they will be plenty roomy at the top of the sock. Have already decreased down to 72 and will do two more dec until I am at 64 somewhere around the ankle.

Gathered up small amounts of lighter colored yarn for making more Monstersocks but first will finish the pair currently under construction, and also a pair for my neighbors granddaughter, I knit socks and Jo picks up my garbage for the dump about twice a month, works out well for her GD and GSon and me in upcoming winter months not to have to go to the dump. Don't even want to think about trying to use cane while chucking bags into open pit dump, would not be a pretty picture. Have visions of me sliding on ice and going into dump along with whatever I was chucking in.

Out to Tatla today with a visit to the library and lunch at the Graham Inn with friends, then back again (lab days at clinic are either Tuesday or Thursday, lib open on Wednesday) tomorrow for more blood letting, my INR count was to high a month ago so DR in Wms Lake decreased amount I am taking, then two weeks ago it was to low and again last week so now he has increased dosage, after taking the Warfarin now for well over 2 years blood count hasn't yet stabilized. And sometimes a pain to go to Tatla for blood letting (nearly 20 miles each way), especially with nasty roads in winter months. Speaking of nasty roads snow fall warning posted on Tatlako weather page today for tonight's temps just at freezing with rain and or snow.

Comments

  1. Isn't it always when you go to order a part for something they don't make it anymore. Sometimes I think the product was to good, they discontinue the product because they can't make any money off of it. Hope they can get a part for your heater. Not much going on here either, but do keep busy. Finished sweater for daughter and a vest for my granddaughter, also have a pair of work socks on the needle for my son. He tells me he'll take as many as I'll knit for him. Nice to know he appreciates them. It's a shame they can 't get your blood regulated. You take good care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good news about the wool room furnace. Hopefully a part can be located somewhere, but glad you've got the small heater to use in the meantime. Hard to believe you've already got a snow warning. The temperatures have definitely switched to fall here at Cultus, but we are nowhere near freezing temperatures yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5