Bang winter dropped

Almost 9 pm and its been snowing all day, now well over 6 inches. Forecast was for maybe 3-4 inches mixed with rain, think maybe they got it wrong. As of tomorrow snow tires are mandatory for any driving on main roads, I've got an appointment at Kal Tire in Williams Lake on October 10, sure hope I don't have to go in before that. Will just leave car until this stuff melts, supposed to be warmer mid week. Pix of my car just about when snow was starting to stick, maybe 9 am. 2nd pix is screen shot of Environment Canada's Tatlako weather page.

Update. Monday morning car pix. Somewhere around 8-10 inches.


Neighbors Len & Jo came on Monday 24th with the quad and brush hogg, Len cut all my yard, with some of the toadflax weeds well over 3 feet high. Jo used weed whacker to cut around trees, steps and up close to house, etc. Yard sure looked better, now nothing ugly sticking up thru the snow.

The socks I'd been knitting for the MONSTERSOCKKAL, will instead go to Fernie, BC for a friends daughters Christmas gift. She didn't want fraternal socks so I tried to match them as close as I could. Wasn't real easy since I had used up some of the small balls on first sock, think they will pass inspection. Pix when 2nd sock is done.
 


Comments

  1. That sure is a lot of snow for so early in the year, but where you live I guess it isn't. Your one brave lady. Looking forward to seeing the socks !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrrr - can you imagine what that would do in the Vancouver burbs???? Got my snowies on already, just in case!! Hope it all goes away so you can get into town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that as a child growing up in northern Maine, I LOVED waking up to seeing cars covered with snow. I did have to help shovel, which wasn't fun after about the third snowfall. I am rather tired of the 90F days here in central Florida.

    Looking forward to seeing the sock pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies