Cool

Between the heat of a couple of weeks ago and most of this weeks smoke, its been hard to breathe. This morning low so far is 34.7 F, cool enuff in wool room that I have heat on (as well as wool socks and a long sleeved flannel shirt). I'll take this weather any day over the heat.

I went to Tatla on Thursday for blood letting (INR), then truck didn't come to pick same up, so will have to go back on Tuesday to start over. Then maybe just maybe I might carry on and go into town. I have been thinking about tomatoes, on toast, with cottage cheese and just sliced on my plate for supper. They are supposed to be in at Beaver Valley Feed store, wouldn't mind a feed of sweet corn as well. As well a trip thru the big grocery store would work well, am out of a whole bunch of stuff. Have someone lined up to help unload my car when I get home. Also will stop Wally World for a new popcorn popper, mine after 30 + years as quit.

Second of the Monstersocks well down the foot, with football back on the telly my knitting time has picked up. Not sure what will be next, pretty sure it will be another pair of socks of some sort. 

Finished the current book and was about to think I would have to re read something, but found 3 books I'd over looked so am happy for another couple of weeks. About the only thing I inherited from my Mother was a love of reading with my lunch (and of course my love of tomatoes). When I used to visit she would eat her lunch and book in the dining room and I would be in kitchen with lunch and my book, worked well.

Comments

  1. The tomato and cheese on toast sounds really good. My mom was an avid reader also. I use to sit and read with her. All seven of us are all readers because of our mom. She use to make it fun for us. Glad the weather has gotten better for you. I know what its like when its hard to breathe. You take care and hope you get your shopping done !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, fresh picked beefsteak tomatoes on toast!! I think I'd prefer beans on the side, not a big fan of cottage cheese!! Yummy! Now I have to go & find some.
    It's been so much cooler here too on the coast but quite smokey. Secretly, I'd rather breathe a little smoke than have all that heat - I am hoping for a very long, crisp, cool Fall. It's been too hot to knit so nothing but a couple of pairs of short summer socks have been finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5