July 4

Slowly finishing the variegated pink-lavender roving, vintage stuff from my stash. Its merino-nylon from Smith & Ewe. First bobbin is just about full, have a second bobbin needing more to fill it up.






















Yesterday I skeined 4 200 yds each of a bright variegated green and then 3 of a much more muted green, am not at all happy with my plying, need help. Some places in the skeins are OK most of the rest under plied. Going to re read Alden Amos' book and try to start over.


After sending a bunch of emails the end of June saying I hadn't seen a bear yet this season, sure enuff on July 1st saw a sow black bear with two of this years cubs, they weren't in a place to get pix, dark bears up against a dark bunch of trees and bushes.

Comments

  1. The yarn looks pretty good to me. Have a spinning wheel, but have never used it. You make me want to try it out. Your a pretty brave lady living near the bears. I love animals, not sure about bears. I live on Cape Cod and once we had a bear cub walk over the Cape Cod Canal to get on the Cape. They can travel real fast. He got to Provincetown in less than a couple of days. Stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarns are looking very appealing. Happy spinning on these lovely summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE that pink/lavender yarn!! MY colors . . . not much spinning going on in my house but the needles are busy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5