Friday 20th

After tweaking my repaired right knee (plying the old fashioned way) and finding spinning for more than 5 minutes to be a tad uncomfortable, brought out my Hansen mini spinner (electric). I much prefer spinning the traditional way but right now just can't do it. I bought the mini spinner for just this purpose, have had it for at least 4 years knowing that some where down the road I might need it. Its taking me a a bit to get comfortable using it, time will help. Think when I bought it I was counting on using it just for plying, surprise I am finding I like to spin on it as well.

This is what I was plying (using the Woolee Winder on my S90), have two more bobbins of same yarn ready to ply. Will end up with close to a pound of sock weight yarn, some of it may do a run thru of a dye pot. I don't remember what I was thinking when I bought a pound from Mary-anne Smith more than a couple of years ago.



Am seeing lots of deer in my yard in early morning, around 6-7 am. yesterday a nice 3 point buck and a while later another buck and at least 3 does. And then this morning a doe with still small twin fawns.

Out to Tatla on Tuesday for INR blood letting and for the first time since I've been taking the Warfarin have had results come back in the range DR's are happy with, Tuesdays result were 2.6, so now don't have to go for a t least 2 more weeks.

Have vacuum out and ready to roll, tricky using cane and vacuum at the same time.

Comments

  1. I like that small mini electric spinning wheel. Just my speed because of arthritis. The yarn is pretty. We had deer in our back yard a couple of years ago. It was wonderful. There was a doe and her two fawns. every so often I see them , especially in deer season. So glad your blood counts are behaving themselves. Great news! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good show on the blood work!! Hope it continues to be good. Purple & Pink - all my favorite colors!!! Dotty would swoon. No deer in my neighborhood, 'cept a deer sized coyote that seems to have moved in lately & a family of skunks back under the antique wooden car next door, about 8 feet from my open bedroom window . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies