Evacuee

Left home Sunday morning, due to RCMP roadblocks in various places only made it Avola stayed two nights with Fay and Monty. Then Tuesday headed north for Prince George, staying with a spinner friend (met at OFFF) several years ago she & husband were there shopping. The town of PG has done a wonderful job assisting evacuees (over 9000), discounts on lots of stuff.

I brought my spinning wheels (both Louet S90's) so got the one set up and started spinning a dyed BFL. Felt good to be sorta back to almost normal stuff. Also brought knitting of course, several pair of socks on the go. BJ has several skeins of Wollmeise that I am interested in (if'n I can afford it). After seeing her stash there is no way I could ever run out of either spinning fibre or yarn.

Comments

  1. So great to hear you are safe and busy spinning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your neighbors have been in my prayers every day. I'm so glad to hear you're OK, and that you got your spinning wheels and knitting out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear you're safe Lynne. I've been thinking about you and when I emailed and didn't hear back I figured you had to leave. Sending good thoughts your way and to all those affected by the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the best thing about knitting is having at hand the means to get through almost anything. Well, that and the socks. Glad you are safe and spinning and knitting. Good luck with the Wollmeise; my favorite sock yarn is Pure and it's lovely to be able to make the biggest men's socks from one skein.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are safe and sound in Prince George. Hopefully the weather will turn cooler and rainy, and you won't have to be away from home for too long. The Loopy Ewe sells Wollmeise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that you are safe and spinning away in Prince George . I have been checking in to see if you were ok regularly. Looks like some weather is headed up that way with some moisture to cool things off so I hope you can make it home soon .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! Glad you're safely ensconced in PG with a kind friend and with your wool and wheels. We're even getting some smoke haze here in Vancouver now. Thinking of all those affected by the fires and hoping things chill out very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On CBC today (Sun-23)they are saying you might be getting home soon. I hope this is true. Even with your wheels, & your wool-you must be anxious to return home.
    Take care-I enjoy your posts & wish you well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5