This and That


Much water over and under the bridge since I last wrote, in other words my crazy life is crazier than I thought possible. First the head whack is healing finally, still not ready for a haircut tho. Have a patch of really short hair in the area of the whack eventually it will grow out, and for some of the heavier handed haircut places in Wms Lk I'll stay far away from.

The two road trips so far have been great, first down to Whidbey Island and green grass and flowers, met up with Val while there and she had my folding wagon for me, now wondering how I ever got along without it, was able to carry everything into spinning room in just one trip. Used it again at Desert Mesa the next weekend again just one trip. Love it.















Lots of good times, laffs and so on at Desert Mesa, even with gimpier than usual hip was able to make it up and down steps to meal area, bud Gail, Dotty, Karen, Vickie all sat to together along with Shelia. Next DM will be in early October and already looking forward to same. Had a bunch of yarn (singles) for Karen, sure she will make something wild & wonderful. Vickie's felted hat, looks almost like the sorting hat from Harry Potter.


Bought another electric plying wheel at DM to replace my 40 year old current model this one has a huge bobbin on it and will easily be able to fit 4 of my Louet S90 bobbins on it.









The bag of sock yarns that Linda sent via the twins to Whidbey was an incredible bonus, so much so that once back home I shared some with Christine and Deb at Knitting Bee. I kept out prolly close to 60% that I wanted then let Deb And C pick from what was left. They needless to say were very happy.








Back working on socks for Kristie. Just finished 3rd pair for Miss M, after K's socks are finished will get on with the Fatties for Nolund. Using up a huge pile of odd balls along with one main colour of Opal.

Comments

  1. Always glad to hear from you. Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your fall. Sounds like, aside from probably scaring yourself "big time", you got off fairly easy.Bottom line, glad you are OK!!! Lovely to see you; thanks for the treat! Your socks look great; Kristie's socks are amazing - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5