Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Plying


Most times when I ply I end up with stuff left on one bobbin (sometimes quite a bit), this time I had 3 bobbins with leftovers all in various shades of rosey pinks, so with a full bobbin of merino-nylon also in close to same shade of rosey pinks I plied the 3 with the merino. Ended up with way more than I thought I would, just over 1300 yards on the three. All are close to fingering weight, not yet sure what I will do with the three.

After 47 days of sub arctic weather a Chinook finally blew in, instead of temps in the -20 to -30 range its now +5 with a strong south wind, even had a day and a half of rain. Snow in yard is about 50% gone and my driveway would be what I call challenging, wet ice, no thanks will stay home.

Just put Bisquick-ed chicken tenders in the oven, first dipped in a beaten egg then the Bisquick mix (with a bit of onion soup mix, paprika, seasoned salt, pepper) wish I had salad fixings, nothing except a few baby carrots. When I do get to town (its been since November 17th) first thing I will have when I get home will be a large salad.

My planned trip into town was put on hold when Chinook blew in, roads were a mell of a hess and so canceled dentist app't and ate last of lentil soup last night.

1 comment:

  1. Love the yarn! I'm hoping to ply off some partially filled bobbins to open up space for a large project. Mine aren't likely to coordinate so nicely....

    Sorry about the nasty roads, and hope you make it to town for salad fixings soon.

    ReplyDelete