Monday, August 15, 2016

Selling handspun

The variegated green merino-silk mix from July 13, I recently was offered $20 for the whole shooting match, just about choked on my coffee. 460 yards and probably cost me a whole lot more than offered price. Was very polite and explained that it wasn't for sale, and if it was likely would be 4 times (or more) the offered price.

This morning dedicated time to finish plying the fiber from DiCentra, Have been plying in 15 minute increments and this morning I knew it was going to be closer to 45 minutes but wanted it done. One bobbin had quite a bit on it when the smaller one ran out so grabbed another leftover bit of a way different color and had at it. Surprised at how much I like it, guess I am learning (slowly) that handspun of almost any color works well together. So I now have 5 empty bobbins and as soon as whats on plied bobbins is into skeins will have at more plying. Found if I do it slowly I can still walk at the end of the day.

Pix shows the 2 different colors over top of the DiCentra yarn, 2nd pix are the two bobbins of the DC singles.


1 comment:

  1. Some people just have no idea how much time goes into spinning yarn. I get asked all the time if I'd spin someone's dog or cat's hair - I try to explain how much handspun yarn would cost and then go on to say spinning a pet's hair is a labor of love - no chance I'd do it for hire.

    ReplyDelete