Prepping merino


Finished the bobbin of the unknown gray fiber last night, got out the wool & silk I will be plying it with and think that it will do nicely. The bobbin on the right is the just finished.















With the gray finished got out and prepped the next bundle of superwash merino, broke off pieces 18-20 inches and laid them out carefully, ready to grab with all going in the right direction. From the pix it looks like a jumbled mess but each piece is ready to grab & spin. Am right on schedule for what I had planned for the TdeF, even took time to ply the Sherwood wool & silk mix, will be getting it into skeins this morning while still cool.



With a fire now burning at Punzi (not that far as the crow flies) I'm sure my valley will fill with smoke. Today and tomorrow are the last two hot days for awhile, then back to normal temps with even a bit of rain in the forecast, and that will be most welcome.

Comments

  1. Hope the fires stay away from you, Lynne! It's already a little cooler down here. Nice - in contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely spinning. How many hours a day do you spin? You are so prolific.
    I found you through Jean's blog and have followed you for about a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no set time for spinning in a day, when it was so hot did get up at 5 am to spin for an hour or so, then maybe once again when sun set.

      Delete
  3. lovely! my thoughts exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the rain keeps the smoke away, and puts out the fire. I'm counting on it doing the same thing here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are not getting too smoked out. Just watched footage on the Puntzi Lake fire, just terrible. Hope your valley stays fire free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good, no smoke yet today. Got enuff rain yesterday that ground looked wet for a couple of hours.

      Delete
  6. I hope all is OK in your valley and with your home. ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got enuff rain yesterday and day before to cut down hazard somewhat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5